Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 3: My Demographics



Millennials (or Generation Y):
   The 83 million children of the baby boomers, born between 1977 and 2000.
    77 percent of Millennials frequent social networking sites and 71 percent use instant messaging.
    91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users.
    The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks.
    One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology.

As a person growing up in the Millennial generation I do find that it does match me pretty well. Im a club promoter and entertainer so I use social networking on a daily bases. It helps me let everyone know what is going on for the clubs I work or perform at. I was born in 1978 so I barely made the mark for the Millennial generation so I’m not as technology smart as people a few years younger, but I do know enough to get me through things. Another statement for the Millennial generation is the use of cell phones and instant messaging, that for sure is one thing that matches me perfect, I cant do anything without my cell phone in hand. I do wish that I was thought more about computers when I was going through school since now adays almost everything is done with the use of them. There are a lot of mix feelings about my generation and the way we rely so much on the use of the world wide web, some people are saying it is making lazy cause we don’t reach out and research the way we use to. As for my view I thing technology is actually helping us more because it provides more information in a less amout to time and keeps us interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment