Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 2 EOC: Boston Consulting Group - Video Games



I have personally never been a big video game person to say the least so to research this topic is rather interesting to me. I’ve never been the type of person to sit around for hours at a time and play warcraft or vitiral car racing. As I’m reading up on the topic of video games it is not surprising to me that in the modern day mobile devices, ipads, kindles and even laptops are taking their place. “There’s a market for something smaller, and the proof is in the explosion of mobile gaming. I hear the same story over and over from people my age, who grew up on Nintendo: They like video games, but don’t have 10 hours a week to commit to the hobby, and therefore can’t justify spending $300 on a gaming machine. Instead, they play games on their phones and tablets.” http://techland.time.com/2012/07/12/ouya-a-wake-up-call-for-video-games/
So basically after reading that statement it got me thinking how much technology has changed over the years. I remember being my nephew a Play station 3 for his 8th grade graduation and now he just has it sitting there collecting dust. I’m not sure if he just grew out of that phase out it’s because over the years there has not been many more games added to their collection. “Poor battery life, the high price of memory cards and lack of functionality of Remote Play are among a few of the reasons some gamers aren’t interested, but opinion largely comes down to two things: price and games.” http://www.psu.com/a015167/70-percent-of-PS3-owners-passing-on-Vita-citing-price-and-lack-of-games?page=0
Through this research I found out there is mix reviews on how the new WII U is going to do once it is launch.  I actually have a WII myself that I bought to do yoga, and let’s just say I’ve watch more movies on it then I have actually done my yoga. As I said before that I myself don’t play video but now have better understanding of the different systems that are out there.  “So far video game analysts have been less than impressed by the Wii U. Most think it will fail in one way or another, while others are cautious, at best. But analysts from IHS Screen Digest believe that the Wii U will not only be a success, it will be a bigger success than the original Wii, initially.” http://wiiudaily.com/2012/11/analyst-wii-u-will-sell-50-million-units-in-4-years/

No comments:

Post a Comment